When considering which type of shipping or storage container you need, you may decide you need a specialty container for your unique needs. From flat rack to open top, there are many options available to you. For instance, here at Transocean Equipment Management, we offer specialized 20′ storage containers or 40′ storage containers that can be used for both business and personal purposes. Most specialized containers are available new or used.
Specialty Container Types
There are many types of specialty containers, such as:
- Open-Top Containers: These are ideal for easy loading and unloading of the container from the top of the unit.
- Hard-Top Containers: Easy to load, with greater loading height.
- Refrigerated Containers, AKA “Reefers”: Great for storage and transportation of perishables or other temperature-sensitive cargo.
- Open-Sided Containers: These feature full side-access doors, along with end cargo doors. Both provide greater accessibility, especially with forklift use.
- Flat Rack Containers: Designed to transport over-sized items such as vehicles or heavy equipment.
Uses for Containers
Wondering what 20- and 40-foot containers can hold? Here are some suggested items you can hold in a specialty container:
- Small boat
- Jet Ski or other watercraft
- Feed for agricultural uses
- Furniture, including appliances and mattress
Shipping containers aren’t just used for shipping items. They can have many creative uses outside of the transportation industry. From homes and offices to restaurants and hotels, the possibilities are endless. Containers can also be used as:
- Construction site headquarters
- Quick food service
- Pools and saunas
- Homes (for minimalist living)
- Art galleries
- Fitness centers
- Home gyms
- Temporary/pop up shops
- Studio spaces
- Emergency hospitals
- Disaster shelters
- Construction site storage
- Garden shed
- Hay/feed storage barn
- Inventory storage
- Job site offices
- Sports equipment storage
- Storm bunkers
- Firework stands
In addition to specialty shipping containers, you can also choose to add on modifications to ensure your unit is designed exactly for your needs. This can include anything from HVAC systems and windows to ventilation systems and much more.
Contact Transocean Equipment Management
To learn more about the specialty containers we sell and rent here at Transocean Equipment Management, please contact us today at 910-483-7828. We would be happy to give you a free price quote on the container of your choosing to help you decide on the best product for your needs and budget.